FMN is an equal employment opportunity company and will under no circumstance request applicants to pay money or give any personal items of monetary value to our company or any agency.
- The Project Manager in the PMO office will work closely with relevant stakeholders and a small team to partner with one or more business units to facilitate the implementation and smooth running of an effective and lean project management framework in such a Business unit.
- Provide governance, oversight, and support to projects managed by various business units
- May assume full responsibility to manage certain projects that are not directly managed by business units
- Support various change management programmes and, in general, act as an agent of change
- Support project/programme planning, execution, and tracking of FMN’s portfolio.
- Coach and train BU project owners/managers on best practices and project management methodologies (e.g.: cost management, tracking, etc).
- Assist in the definition of project scope and project charter, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Help Business units project managers to better coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to ensure flawless execution of assigned projects.
- Apply a system to monitor, track progress, manage changes to the project scope, schedule and cost.
- Measure and report project performance and escalate proactively to management and/or project owners as needed.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and database (digitally)
- Support and facilitate the adoption of breakthrough business practices and technologies such as Continuous Improvement, Process Automation, AI, Service Delivery Excellence, etc to boost productivity and competitiveness.
- Coach and mentor project managers at the Business unit level on lean and efficient project management methodologies and practices; provide the necessary toolkits, and recommend training.
- Participate actively in and is instrumental to the development of FMN’s strategy with regards to project pipeline development, evaluation and selection, and prioritization.
THE PERSON MUST
- Ensure percent deviation in projects approved outside the FMN project management framework.
- Ensure the percentage of a completed project.
- Ensure the percentage of completed projects on time.
- Ensure the percentage of completed projects on budget.
- Ensure the percentage of completed projects on specs.
- Process approving, monitoring, and reporting standardization in a business impactful fashion.
- Rolling training plans
- First degree preferably in the fields of Engineering, Management, Business Administration, Computer Science, Operations Research, Organisational Behaviour, Mathematics or Finance.
- A master’s degree in any of the above or related fields and/or an MBA would be a plus.
- Project management qualifications would be a plus
- Advanced finance competency and numeracy are expected. Some understanding of basic accounting would be a plus.
- Some familiarity with ERPs would be a plus.
EXPERIENCEMinimum of 5 years of relevant experience with a major manufacturing player or a top-notch management or technology consultancy firm and continuous improvement of the project.